St Mary’s

In 1837 it was reported that there were Mass houses at Leginn and Drumderg in the Teemore area. The present church was built in 1893 when Patrick Finnegan (later to be Bishop of Kilmore) was curate. It was dedicated on 28th May of that year. Extensive renovation was carried out in 1993 when Fr. John O’Donnell was parish priest.